Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Prayers

Cleaning out some shelves, I came upon some prayers I had written down. The first one must have been copied from someone else but the second one is a rewording of the Our Father we were asked to do on a retreat.

Take, O Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my entire will. Whatever I have or hold, Thou hast given me; I restore it all to Thee and surrender it wholly to be governed by Thy will. Give me only Thy love and Thy grace, and I am rich enough and ask nothing more.

Our true Father in Heaven
Your name is the holiest.
May Your kingdom be established here,
And Your ways followed here on earth as they are joyfully in Heaven.
Take care of our daily needs,
And hold not our sins against us
As we hold sins not against our brothers.
Let us not be lead near tempting,
But be our strength against the evil one,
For all is Yours here,
Your strength, and Your glory beyond the end of time. Amen


Why don't you try creating your own version of the Our Father and share it with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment