Sunday, November 28, 2010

Advent Duty

This year I am feeling poor and feeling as if I should curtail charitable giving to conserve the money we have. But I think that is precisely the wrong attitude. If I have less now, then others have far less than we do. I must give from what we have now, not what I think we might have or not have in the future. I read The Christmas Jar this year and I am thinking that idea is something new to do. I should gather up all the spare change we have into a jar and find someone to give it to for whom this amount of money, however much it is, will be a major blessing, maybe even a seeming miracle. God loves a cheerful giver. So especially at this time of year, Advent, when I anticipate the Greatest Gift of all, how can I be less generous in the face of His ultimate generosity?

No comments:

Post a Comment