Thursday, November 11, 2010

Facebook is not enough...

Just this morning I realized that Facebook and Twitter just won't allow me to express my views - the posts just can't be long enough. I am really thinking about how my faith and my conservative political views should intersect. For the last several years I have seen that the time for sitting on the sidelines politically is over. If the citizens of this country, The United States of America, don't take an active roll in their government, then others who care more will. The result will not be pretty. I was talking to a friend this week about whether the government will have a controlled crash of our economy or let us crash into the wall full speed, still spending like crazy. She said the government must keep spending because if they don't, there will be a depression like the 1930s. At this point, we'd be blessed to have only a depression like the 1930s! It will be much, much worse even with a controlled crash, and if the government does a full speed crash, we will be in a place that we have never been before. This is coming. I have no doubt. So I realized that I need to begin to think seriously how I will deal with the coming economic earthquake. I am convinced that the actions need to spring from my faith. Violence must be avoided at all costs because that is what the radicals will push for. You are seeing it in France, Greece and England right now. Those people in the street are fools. They are not looking at the bigger economic realities. Things can't go on as they were and they will never be as they were. Those times are gone! So what is to be done? I take as good advice what Matthew Kelly said, "Just do the next right thing." So what is the next right thing? That is what I am thinking about and looking for. I intend to share my reflections with you in this blog and perhaps you, too, will think on these matters and decide for yourself what you should or should not do. Let the journey begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment